Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Losing Touch Due to Lack of interest?

I am not blogging as much as I usually do. Maybe it appears that I getting content with my life. I am happy with new home church in which my wife and one of our kids are joins me every Sunday. At times, I go alone. Now, things are falling into place in my life. My struggle with Multiple Sclerosis is improving. My deafness is not affecting my life and people around me. I have less than 3 years before I am eligible to retire from work (getting closer to 30 years). I love having a close relationship, especially with my family. I messed up my relationship in the past and now I look back and regretted.

In the past 5 years, I have been looking for some answers in my Christian life. Before I married Carole, I got a book called "The Purpose Driven Life" which at first was appealing and sounded good. Over the years, I have discovered to many doctrinal errors in that book. The book maintains and promotes a poor theology stemming from an inadequate bibliology. It is not God-centered because it promotes self-centered good feelings theology. The old self is everything we were in Adam. Our sin was crucified with Christ. As believers we are so united with Christ that when He died, we died. When Jesus died He was paying the penalty for our sins. The great enemy of faith is a complacent spirit, an attitude of self-satisfaction with the status quo.

In Ephesians 4:23 says, "Be renewed in the spirit of your mind" which means I am not to think the way I did before I knew Christ. I am no longer controlled by a self-centered mind but rather I learn from Christ through grace. The life I live is not mine but Christ living in me (Gal. 2:20). Like a baby is born with a fresh, new mind even though I live in an aging body, my spirit is being renewed daily. One of my favorite verses is in Philippians 4:11-12 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

So,I need to remember this verse,Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He (Jesus) Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

I probably won't blog as much until I retire. Right now, I am so content and don't really have the desire to blog as much.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Lovely to hear you are so content.