Friday, December 12, 2008

Solitude

I enjoy my time alone. Solitude is probably what my family and friends noticed about me. This is probably why I like to swim. I like to swim alone. I love to have my own swim lane.

I like being alone but I don't like feeling lonely. Loneliness is a terrible feeling.

In the last 8 years, I have used my solitude time to understand myself better and learned to get rid of "me" and "I" attitude. I have learned to be more understanding and able to give myself more freely to others. Love is important when you are with your family and friends. We all desire to share joys and happiness together.

It has been a good pause in my pursuit of happiness and learned to just be happy and content. True happiness is when a person accepts as "who" and "what" he/she is.

"Adversity often produces an unexpected opportunity. Look for it ! Appreciate and utilize it! This is difficult to do if you're feeling sorry for yourself because you're faced with adversity." John Wooden

My pass is my pass. My future is my future. I can make my future better. I have a "new" life with "new" friends. It was like I was starting all over with new relationships and new friends. Finding friends who truly accepts you will take time. Old friends became new friends again.

1 comment:

Synchronicity said...

hey you...i am so sorry for being such a neglectful blogger friend.

i know what you mean...being alone i like a lot of the time...but being lonely is no fun at all.

anyways...i am glad you are my friend.