Thursday, December 4, 2008

Motivate myself to start exercising... I joined a health club today

From the day I was diagnosed with MS, I weigh about 180 or less. Today, I weigh about 230. Yeah, I know... that's too much. That's what my doctors said. Time for me to get back to physical fitness. I know I can't "cycle" anymore as I used to for good workout. I can "swim" and I finally join a health club today. This is a Y located downtown near my work. I am planning to swim there whenever I can, early in the morning, lunch hour or after work. I am looking forward to swim again. I already set up my swim workout plan but I won't be using it after a week or two of easy workouts since I am way out of shape. Who knows, I might rejoin Masters Swim Team again. :)

If I do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness. My willpower is the art of replacing bad habits for good habits. I am a product of the choices I make, not the circumstances that I face but rather how I decide based on those circumstances in my life. Circumstances have taught me that the greatest good of personal life is not absence of pain, but Christ-likeness. One side of the circumstances is to bring out the BEST in me and the other side is to bring out the WORST in me. At times, I was too blind to see my own dark characters. If those who saw my mistakes and ignore their own mistakes are those who only care about themselves.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in my own determination. No one can defeat me unless I first defeat myself. Once I defeat myself, then others will defeat me. My success happens when both my heart and mind share the same perspective. Desire is the key to my motivation, but it is my determination and commitment that leads to my failure or success. It's up to me to get hold of my mind and control it while God does the rest for me. My will is one of many characters in action and its up to me act on my will. In order to make goals come into reality, this requires my determination, my dedication, my self-discipline, and my own efforts.

It is wise for me to learn from the mistakes of others because I can't live long enough to make them all by myself. If I have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always more chances for me. True failure is not the falling down, but rather "staying down" and not doing anything about it. If I focus on results, I will never change. If I focus on change, I will get great results. Understand that their are no failures but rather temporary setbacks to overcome.

"You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don’t try." -Beverly Sills

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim Ryun

No comments: