Thursday, December 4, 2008

Judge me all you want, just keep the verdict to yourself

My wake-up call about my life, my marriage and my future occurred in between 2002 and 2003 during the time I was struggling and dealing my life-changing illness. I always love "history". What is "true maturity"? Maturity means acting responsibly; it means learning from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over again. Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.

Learning the hard way. Is there a difference between a rumor and a piece of gossip? A rumor is a piece of information or a story that has not been verified, meaning that the person telling it doesn’t know if it’s true or false. A rumor might be true, it might be partially true and partially made up, or it might be totally made up. Unless somebody can definitely say that a story is real or fake, it will stay a rumor.

Never make a defense or an apology until you are accused. ~King Charles I

If I wronged a special friend and I want to fix it but unable due to avoidance. Obviously, my human heart is very selfish. My heart is the source of my emotions, thoughts and motives. My heart is the place of conscience. My heart is the part of my being where I desire, deliberate, and decide. I have faults like everyone else. When confronted, I will repent and ask for forgiveness. When I am not confronted and rumors are going around, then I am unable to defend myself from exaggerations (false rumors).

I have learned over the years that Christ's definition of Beatitudes (Matthew 5) contradicts Flesh's (the world’s) definition of happiness.

There are people so addicted to exaggeration they can't tell the truth without lying. ~Josh Billings

Man is inclined to exaggerate almost everything - except his own mistakes. ~Author Unknown

Private matters from someone who knows the details of one person's situation, and then speaking those things to others when a person should not do so. If there are past hurts, or unresolved conflicts, keep them to yourselves unless you confront the accused and have your story verified.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~Mahatma Gandhi

Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~William Arthur Ward

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~Paul Boese
It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~William Blake, Jerusalem

Without forgiveness life is governed by... an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation. ~Roberto Assagioli

1 comment:

Karen Mayes said...

Very well written.

I see that rumors/backstabbing is more rampant in the cyberspace though, so forgiveness is a challenge in the cyberspace. The words are easily twisted out of the context, unfortunately.

I like your blog... full of wisdom tidbits. :o)