Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shameless Lions Writers Circle Award


This week, I got nominated for "Shameless Lions Writers Circle Award" by a fellow blogger, Whimsy. I was honored thankful to be noticed by anyone who read my blog. (edited for spelling)

Since this blog only been around since December, I don't have many bloggers to nominate and I want to pick three of my fellow bloggers. I read alot bloggers who likes to talk about political, Christianity, Disabilities, Deafness, Scottish and Multiple Sclerosis.

Since I have been on in December, I ran into many bloggers who have MS as I do and I happy that there are others out there who are like me.

I want to nominate those who have grabbed the most attention from me that I look forward to read.

1. The Babblings of Whimsicalnbrainpan She is one of the first bloggers I ran into and been reading since. I look forward for her latest postings.

2. Word Salads,the Demyelination of Me She also have MS and she is also hard of hearing like me. I enjoy reading her posts because she shares with heartwarming words that I can relate to.

3. Multiple Synchronicities & Sclerosis (I write about a whole lotta other stuff too!) Her blog is unique and everytime I go there and read, she always surprises me with her posts. There are times I go in there and wondering "what will she be talking about today?". LOL

Worthy of mention: Down the MS Path(A Multiple Sclerosis Blog for Everybody . . . and a few related health issues, too) Vicki shares what she knows out there and I am always learning something new through her blogs. Her latest post is about "International Day of Disabled Persons".

I always had trouble writing grammar since I don't "hear" everyhing what people are saying so often people will tell me that my grammar is off. My grammar will ALWAYS be off and I am trying to improve my grammar but it is not easy. I know it is important that a care of words and terms of art are important when you write to get people's attention.

Sometimes, it is hard for me to speak my thoughts, opinions and exrpessions so blogging helps me. I want to share my life with others of what is going on inside of me: thoughts, feelings, attitudes, sentiments and opinions. Often I think back of my mistakes when I slip of being too blunt or something I said which I regreted or something is on my mind that came right out. Sometimes to direct that I may have hurt someone's feelings. At times I didn't know that until my wife mentions to me that sometimes my bluntness can hurt feelings. From my experience as a "deaf" person. There are differences between deaf people and hearing people: developmental and cultural in communication style. Deaf people communicate more bluntly than hearing people. Within the educational process, deaf students are taught more direct and more blunt than normal hearing education system. Deaf people are very blunt with each other. If one Deaf person thinks that another is portly, he will say so. Deaf people find no need to use politically correct terms or make indirect statements because they lose meaning.

Blogging is one way of me working on my "bluntness" in my communication with others. Please take my rather bold and blunt language as criticism or however you are taking as you read. They are not criticism but rather expressions of my thoughts and feelings. I can learn to disagree and move on. We need to start respecting other's people beliefs and learn to agree to disagree. I just want hear everyone thoughts even agree to disagree if needed.

3 comments:

Synchronicity said...

your award is definitely well deserved jim! i am growing more and more fond of you and to coming here and reading you. just one little minor thing i have to tell you...your award came from "whimsy" and not "whimpsy" lol...i am sure it was a typo...and i am trying not to giggle.

Unknown said...

Hi merelyme,

Thanks for your wonderful comments. Dang it, I hate it when I make typos. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jim

+PHc said...

You communicate beautifully from what I have read! And I appreciate bluntness - when it is not mean, and you do not come across as mean. Blogging seem as like it would be an especially valuable vehicle of expression for you. I'm glad whimsy found you, or you found her. You deserve the award.

I get in a lot of trouble being too blunt, too. I am very isolated socially these days (except for blogging), but when I was very active, when I thought my life was going to be very short, I threw myself out there to be very public about private things that needed to be said to save lives. I did that for years, and now my judgement, trying to be a more "normal" person (more private about having HIV), I often have very poor judgement about what is appropriate, and what is going too far, saying too much, about what other people consider should be private, about all kinds of subjects - and then I get embarassed, or feel guilty, or ashamed when I was just intending to be being truthful - being me. Blogging is definitely a mirror for that, and a scary one, because then it's in print!

I'm glad you won the award, and I'm glad you're blogging, and I'm glad to meet you!