Thursday, January 24, 2008

My faith....

I was debating with other Christians about "faith" so I thought I repeat what I have posted in another blog.

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

For years I thought that my own faith saved me but later, I have learned that regeneration precedes faith. People are always confused about the relationship of faith to regeneration. Faith before regeneration to me is a "faith system" that leads some to believe that their decision “settles things with God” for all eternity which can lead them to eternal hell. The biblical perspective is that the Holy Spirit is the one who gives assurance, not the evangelist or any other person. Recognizing the Jesus voice is like a sheep recognizing the shepherd's voice. Only the Holy Spirit can prick a person's heart to cause a person to hear Christ's voice. Jesus said in John 10:14-15 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep." The Holy Spirit, not the Church. 1 Thessalonians 1:5 "For our gospel did not come to you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Spirit and in much assurance (conviction), as you know what kind of men we were among you for your sake."

Ephesians 4:30 "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." The Word of God is tuned to speak to our inner conscience and demonstrates with spiritual convictions.

A spiritually dead person cannot will himself to live anymore than a physically dead person can will himself to come back to life. If the dead person (spiritually or physically) is to come back to life he/she will have to be resurrected by God. In the spiritual realm this means he/she must be born from above. A spiritually dead person is without the Holy Spirit, therefore we do not have the "ability" to get saved on our own. We need the Holy Spirit to prick and quicken us to be alive. Without the Holy Spirit is total depravity. The Holy Spirit is the only person that can quicken people to be saved. Through the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of life and light and love. Faith is a gift from the Holy Spirit, without the Holy Spirit, you can't have faith and without the Holy Spirit, you can't be spiritual. If you don't have faith, then you don't have the Holy Spirit. Faith don't come before the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit comes before Faith. Faith will express itself in faith deeds not just words alone.

No comments: