Monday, September 7, 2009

Lately, I have been walking instead of swimming

Due to schedule and lack of $$$, I had to give up swimming. In the past few weeks, I have been walking at least 3 to 4 times a day @ work and @ home.

At work, I have been walking during my 2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch hour.

Don't forget, I do walk at bus stops at home and downtown Columbus in the mornings and evenings.

During the weekend and sometime during the week, I walk 1 to 3 1/2 miles in my neighborhood.

I have to tell you, finances have been tough for me since my work had a furlough which caused my pay to be reduced about $ 240 a month. My wife didn't get paid during the summer which compounded the problem.

We are cutting back our cable, grocery and others. So far, we are getting there. Even though I am an accountant, my wife and I are seeing a credit counselor so we can get a neutral and balanced objectives while working out the details.

I am losing weight (I can tell). My stomach is getting smaller and I am getting to have more energy. I will have a blood drawn this friday which will tell me the status of my diabetes and other minor health issues.

Will keep you posted.

No comments: