Monday, December 29, 2008

Motivational New Year’s Resolution Plan

A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit. New Year's resolutions involve making vows to do better in the coming year. For me, rather than “beating” my bad habits, I need to understand that my habits as my “weaknesses” and learn to overcome them. I am doing to start developing strategies that will help me be more successful by defining my attitude and making efforts to overcoming my weaknesses. These included self-awareness, my ability to accept the existence of my weaknesses and identify my strengths and weaknesses rather than dwell solely on the negative aspects of my weaknesses. I will have to remember that I will often fall short of my resolutions that the world will not come to an end it that happens. Failures are just lessons of bad habits that I keep bringing back. I just need to pick myself up and start again. Let the mistake be a lesson and learn to make adjustments as I go along. I know that God's love hopes all things (1 Corinth 13). I understand that God's Grace with love refuses to take human failure as final. With Christ in me, my human failures are never final. He is not finished with me yet.

Quotes:

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you.... as by the attitude you bring to life. John Homer Mills

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal: nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing. Abraham Lincoln

Life can only disappoint you if you let it. Mark Hopkins

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. Beverly Sills

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. Colin L. Powell

The difference between the "impossible" and the "possible" lies in a person's determination. Tommy Larsorda

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely. Karen Kaiser Clark

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They're supposed to help you discover who you are. Bernice Johnson Reagan

If you want to be strong, know your weakness. Unknown

My Resolutions for 2009 (Many of them, I already started)
1. Swim @ the Y at least 3 times a week (try for 4 to 5 times a week)
2. Lose at least 20 lbs (aim up to 50 lbs).
3. Take supplements and be serious about my health (after all, I am 50 years old)
4. Attend Church more frequent and try to be part of Sunday school classes.
5. Go back to college and take one course per quarter/semester. (Start in Spring)
6. Read the bible more often.
7. Read daily devotions (My Utmost For His Highest)
8. Teach Carole Sign Language (daily)

The list is not final and will be adjusted as needed throughout the year. These are my list of goals that I wanted to accomplish during 2009.

1 comment:

Norma said...

A worthy list. I put mine in my drawer instead of my blog--it was getting so long. But I'm plugging away. I'm noting them as I go along.