Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mistakes & successes of the past often teaches us of what's likely to happen in the future....

Often my mistakes have revealed for who I am and people will remember them. That's the saddest position of all. To be loved and accepted in spite of my weaknesses often will be difficult due to our human nature. The word "fret" comes to us from the Anglo-Saxon that fret often expose our true self and bring us out from behind our disguises. Reading Ecclesiastes have reminded me that people have been taking "life" for granted. I know that God's divine intervention (i.e. trials) goes BOTH WAYS. The fact of the matter is the visible providence of God has no respect of persons.

All circumstances can turn people to God. Scriptures reveals that no trial, no disease or illness, no accident or injury reaches us apart from God's permission. We can answer like Joseph to his brothers who sold him into slavery, “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.” There are some who seem to look on the gloomy side and never able to do respond in faith to life's problems, instead, they grumble about the trials that they forget God's powerful grace. One of my favorite singers, Twila Paris came out with this song: The Warrior is a Child. I prefer the Original 1984 Version. This video includes lyrics.

My life just seems to get better and better each day.

I like these two quotes by John Calhoun:

* In looking back, I see nothing to regret and little to correct.

* Learn from your mistakes and build on your successes.

John Caldwell Calhoun (March 18, 1782 – March 31, 1850) was a prominent United States politician from South Carolina during the first half of the 19th century. He served as the seventh Vice President of the United States, first under John Quincy Adams (1825-1829) and then under Andrew Jackson (1829-1832).

Oh yes... I am thinking about turning 50 tomorrow.

No comments: