Sunday, June 1, 2008

Made an offer and offer is accepted


We have been very very busy and of course stressful. Buying a house is a nervous reck for me. We made an offer and it was accepted. We are in the process of purchasing a 3 bedroom ranch house and full basement and remodeled kitchen. We will still be living in Upper Arlington which is outside Columbus not far from the Ohio State University. The closing date will be June 30. Our money saving plans and budget have paid it off. Instead of paying rent, we will be putting our money towards the house (mortgage).

Getting to work, I will be taking different bus routes which stop will be located 300 feet for Bus #60 (nearest), Bus #19 @ .4 mile and Bus #3 .8 mile from the new home. This alone has saved my family $300-$500 a month on gas, parking and wear & tear expenses.

My wife and I are planning to be more involved in the community now since we have this "sense of belonging" of a community in Upper Arlington.

We will be attending Upper Arlington Lutheran Church just before or after we move. We are getting ready to settle down.

3 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! May the house buying fairies sprinkle your transaction with calm...

Linda D. in Seattle

Blinders Off said...

CONGRATULATIONS! There is nothing more fulfilling than being a homeowner and being involved in your community...ENJOY

Karen Putz said...

Congrats! I've moved three times within my town and I still find it nerve wracking each time!