Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Montel Williams represent people with MS ?

I was reading Lisa's Blog and noticed that Montel Williams is in the news again. Is there a survey OUT THERE that people with Multiple Sclerosis do not respect Montel Williams? I know I don't respect him when I met him here in Columbus a few years back.

He is not really representing people with MS. He is representing himself. Majority of Multiple Sclerosis are members of National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS) and taking part Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month. I recongnized that Monte Williams has on raising awareness about M.S. through his television show and his Foundation. I am sure that he is the most controversial person in America when it comes to pain management keep in mind that he was a former Navy SEAL. When Williams made the comment: “If I can do this, anyone can” really made me mad because that is a very arrogant statement. Of course, anyone can do it however, not everyone have the same MS as Montel has. Montel should remember that no two M.S. patients are the same and most people aren’t as financially fortunate. Montel is more of an outsider than part of our Multiple Sclerosis world. The M.S. community is a tight-knit community and I am happy to be part of it which I am sure he does not want to be part of. I haven’t seen a more supportive group of people – spread throughout the world – like this group.

1 comment:

BRAINCHEESE said...

Montel? That's that silly bald dude with the talk show, right? (LOL...of course I know who MONTEL is...just like I know who that crazy psychic is he features almost EVERY show on his program!)

Yeah, whatever Montel...

Linda D. in Seattle