Sunday, March 16, 2008

Life Experiences as Lessons

Learning from trials like my illness and what I am struggling. I don't care what anyone says, anybody who tries to create a fantasy world where everything is perfect is only setting themselves up for even a more profound sadness, frustrations and sorrow. I learning to see the reality is not in a certain light but as it is we see everyday. Everyone have their own definition of happiness. From my personal point of view that the universe is beautiful and mysterious even through my own trials. Solomon wrote Ecclesiastes because he has learned the hard lesson from his pride. Solomon was the wisest man ever lived (other than Christ). Solomon was humbled by God and then he wrote from his experiences. Solomon explained to us the reality of life from God's point of view. If God is ALL good, then Solomon would not write the negative side of God in Ecclesiastes. Ecclesiastes 7:14 When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future. Paul wrote in Ephesians 1:11,"He works all things according to the purpose of His own will."

Reading Ecclesiastes helps alot. Hearing stories from my elders (old relatives) reminded me that their experiences speaks the truth. As they say, "History repeats itself in every generation" because they have seen them over and over again.

Reading Ecclesiastes have reminded me that people have been taking "life" for granted. My wife and I were talking the other day about our future. Our day to day activities needs to change and be more productive. We are so busy doing things but not of us doing any quality times. Later on today, we are going over our commitments of what can do for "us". I am about 7 or 8 years away from retirement and we really need to get serious about our future. Knowledge of the mystery is having the reality of an experience of God has given to us as a gift. How do I convince a world that God is alive? Simple, by His aliveness in my life, by His Grace that is producing reality in my experience of life.

Oh yes, my wife and I were talking about about our flaws and we both agree that as sinner, we both are hypocrites of revealing who we really are aound the world. We both agree that from life's experiences and what we see in the news media, many people are doing the same as we are.

I think I am going to try to sleep.

Jim

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

Ecclesiastes is my favorite book. There is such beauty and wisdome in it.