Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bipolar Disorder

I don't have bipolar disorder however, my ex-wife has it but never got treated for it and refused to get treated. My own daughter also have bipolar disorder and she got treated and doing great. I am learning that bipolar disorder is like multiple sclerosis, the victims are females more than males.

My current wife also have bipolar disorder and she is getting treated as well as getting therapy. Now that all of her 3 girls also have bipolar disorder and they all are getting treated.

I have learned that Bipolar disorder is not a single disorder because they have different levels of disorder. I don't know my ex-wife's level so I would not know. My current wife and her two of three girls have mild disorder which means they are able to cope their every mood swing without hospitalization. While my own daughter as well as one of my wife's daughters have more depressive disorder which can lead them to hospitalization. In fact, my own daughter was hospitalized about 4 times.

I get depression which is similar to bipolar disorder which characterized by a pervasive low mood, loss of interest in usual activities and diminished ability to experience pleasure. Mine is related to Multiple Sclerosis and my medications.

Bipolar disorder and depression are the most common causes for lack of self-discipline, lack of assertiveness, lack of ambition and procrastination.

We all as a family need to have a family committment of doing what is right for us and for our bodies. Joining YMCA is our first "action" to get our butts moving.

2 comments:

Lantana said...

Hmm. I am wondering who diagnosed your (wives) as being "bi polar"?

The medical profession or you?

Lantana

Unknown said...

They were all diagnosed by their doctors.