Sunday, February 10, 2008

McCain... Conservative Centrist

For John McCain, he is facing his own difficulties with the Republican party that has preferred more conservative candidates. During the past year, right-wing ( Ideological conservatism) Republican opinion-makers including the Religious Right leaders have been referring to McCain as a "liberal". To me, McCain is a conservative like me that therefore, he is more of a moderate or centrist candidate. Ari Berman wrote an article "The Real McCain" with a quote "McCain has always been far more conservative than either his supporters or detractors acknowledge." In today's Washington Post (as well as many other media)President Bush's quote: John McCain as a "true conservative" but warning that his onetime rival needs to shore up relations with the Republican Party's base to take the fight into the general election this fall.

I think it is time for the Republican Party to change and the Conservative Right Wingers must accept all Republican candidates.

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

I couldn't agree more. I am a registerd independent but I have been so turned off by the far Right Republicans in the past few years I haven't voted for them. I might actually vote for McCain.