Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Irrirtating Life


If knowing answers to life's questions is absolutely necessary to you, then forget the journey. You will never make it, for this is a journey of unknowables -- of unanswered questions, enigmas, incomprehensibles, and, most of all, things unfair. ------ Jeanne Guyon, in *Spiritual Torrents*
Life itself can be very irritating. I like when I heard a fellow Christian who said "God can be irritating". There have been times that irritations leads me to depression and I have been there. Daily life is an irritating game, and we’ve no choice but put up with them and play them in order to survive. Sometimes, it is my fault for having unrealistic expectations. One of my major irritated beef is people's ignorance. Most of the time, I am very tolerate and able to handle irritating people along who rub me the wrong way but ignorance bothers me the most. I try to remind myself that I was one of them once that I should understand how irritating they could be at times. At times, I just feel if I'm irritating othres like my family, friends and co-workers. AT times, being irritating cause me to feel down and wondering if I can continue to cope.

Along with "Humor", how do I build my confidence up and become less irritating so that I can really cope with my life? I read somewhere that I need to stop falling into the trap of over analysing everything, and pondering things too much. The subject of my human emotions and circumstances, God does not play with my emotions unless He was trying use my circumstances to improve my own character and faith. Whatever comes out of Him is all good and only good. The causes for my circumstances are often God-given opportunities for my spiritual growth.

Paul explains in 1 Cor. 10:13, "These has no testing taken you but such as is common to man; but God will, with the testing, also make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

One of my favorite verses that I often use to remind myself is 2 Corinthians 12:9 says "God said 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." I love Marja's translation of that verse "My grace is all you need; for my power is strongest when you are weak." When I am most aware of my own weaknesses, I am more inclined to collapse into God's strength and experience His amazing grace who gives me peace. God's Grace is a wonderful feeling. God promised me that He will not to allow anything into in my life that will be too much for me to bear (1 Cor. 10:13), He will work out everything for my good in the end (Rom. 8:28), and "perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish" me in the midst of my sufferings (1 Pet. 5:10).
Circumstances may appear to wreck our lives and God's plans, but God is not helpless among the ruins. God's love is still working. He comes in and takes the calamity and uses it victoriously, working out His wonderful plan of love. Eric Liddell

1 comment:

whimsical brainpan said...

I wish I could help you on this but I've got nothing.