Sunday, December 30, 2007

Deafness, Multiple Sclerosis and Life


I may have said this in the past and I will repeat for the sake of my own memory. I am legally deaf since birth (Hard of Hearing) and I have Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. I find that my disabilities interesting because deafness caused by nerve damage, MS caused by nerve scars. I am not very smart even though I was born deaf and my education is not as great as I wanted. I shoulda worked harder when I was younger. However, professionally, I am an accountant and have been working in the same organization for over 26 years. My main duties are accounting, auditing, creating and enforcing policies and procedures. So, I am doing okay and I am very, very content. Through my disabilities, I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation. In the course of a human life, tastes and outlook and temper may change radically. Everyone have their own definition of happiness. There are people who are not happy simply because they are not happy for whatever reasons since there are sources of "happiness" from within. Our heart is the place of conscience. Our heart is the part of our being where we desire, deliberate, and decide. Many people forget and often try to do their own ways circumstances happens that they never stop and think. Their human minds often see doors closing when ignoring another door opening.

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
Victor Hugo

The most handicapped person in the world is a negative thinker. Unknown

You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be. David Viscott

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you.... as by the attitude you bring to life. John Homer Mills

The Constitution only guarantees the American People the right to pursue happiness; you have to catch it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees calamity in every opportunity. Sir Winston Churchill

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal: nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other thing. Abraham Lincoln

Life can only disappoint you if you let it. Mark Hopkins

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try. Beverly Sills

If you do not believe in yourself, do NOT blame others for lacking faith in you. Brendan Frances

Making a success of something has nothing to do with luck. Care, thought, and study go into making something succeed; luck is something you get playing the lottery or roulette. Unknown

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. Colin L. Powell

The Difference between the "impossible" and the "possible" lies in a person's determination. Tommy Larsorda

If you can't change your fate, change your attitude. Amy Tan

Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely. Karen Kaiser Clark

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you. They're supposed to help you discover who you are. Bernice Johnson Reagan

To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly. Henri Bergson

Holding resentment is like eating poison and then waiting for the other person to keel over. Unknown

If you want to be strong, know your weakness. Unknown He who conquers his anger has conquered an enemy. Unknown

Learning to live is learning to let go. Sogyal Rimpoche

Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. Oscar Wilde

Earlier, I posted my own New Year's Resolution regarding how I am going to live my life in 2008.

2 comments:

whimsical brainpan said...

Excellent Quotes!

Thanks for stopping by my place.

Vicki said...

True. Life is not fair. If you ask 100 people why, they may have 125 reasons. It's not fair to anyone.

That said, I like your attitude. I also like your quotes. There are a few I have not seen before, and at least one I might borrow.

Keep writing. I will be back.