Friday, January 25, 2008

Why am I Blogging?

Today, I had a really busy day at work and didn't know what to think for tonight's topic until I read Lisa's Why My Blog?!! This past week, I have thinking about that because ever since I started blogging, I started with political issues because its election year.

Lately, I figured this out that the main reason I blog is because I found it valuable for my sanity. Another is that I have learned that God left me no time for disputing about His providence plans and why things are happening to me. While pondering my life and my relationship with God, I have learned that, rather than losing myself in trying to discern for sure what the cause is and trying to figure out why this thing is happening to me, it’s important that I ask the deeper question, How am I to respond to it? It is something of a paradox that while my thoughts deeply affect my will and go far to determine my choices. The main thing I need to remember is that "my will" has the power to control my thoughts. I am more into in thoughts than I am into feelings but I have both which helps me make decisions based on logical analysis and reasoning rather than feelings. I learn better by reading and I am able to concentrate better on anything that is written than hearing someone talking. I always prefer to “Be Prepared” and plan for worst-case scenario with many contingencies in place and with that thinking, I do enjoy sense of adventure of the unexpected as a challenge however; I like to take advantage of chances without failing. I prefer old fashioned amount of routine in my life to feel the predictability without any drama. I am realistic by facts and practicality in my life. I am man that is "matter of fact person" which means I concentrate on what is happening in my life rather than pondering about my future.

Just this past two years, I have learned a great deal what it means to understand "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance". I am beginning to know what Romans 5:3-5 really means when Paul wrote, "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." I am realizing that God through the Holy Spirit that leads my thoughts and shapes my character as He directs my life. God will direct me if I aware of it or not. I am learning that God will always lead me to His providential circumstances for my own good. God uses people with the right life experiences by putting them through the right spiritual directions and teaching them the right spiritual lessons. Reading Proverbs really helped me alot over the years and this one verse made a mark in my mind and heart, Proverbs 20:24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way? With that, going into the New Testament,in Acts 17:24-29 explains that God determined the times set for us and the exact places where we should live. Jesus even assured me when He said in Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. If God can control two sparrows, then He will do the same for me creatures as well. Life is an learning experience for me and I am thankful for the educaation that God has provided me that no college or any other educational system can beat.

Anyway, blogging helps me whether people read my blog or not. Its nice to know that people are reading. I am learning to discuss my personal thoughts and feelings with my readers and trust that they will respect my individuality and that I will do the same respect in turn.

7 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Proverbs 20:24 A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?

A wonderful reminder for our journey in life.

+Positive House said...

Life is definitely a learning experience, and writing a good practice for the spirit. I respect your individuality, and that you respect mine matters to me very much.

I wish I could believe I was directed as you are, but thank you for your encouragement in the steps I'm taking.

I'm glad you are writing.

Diane J Standiford said...

I read you, Jim. I am gay so I don't comment much just to respect your biblical beliefs, but I certainly respect a man who questions his life, searches for its meaning and his purpose. We are more alike than different, but many Christians disagree with that.
Keep blogging. Don't think about traffic. WWJD? :-)

Unknown said...

Lisa, Yes, I am reminded of that verse daily that I am not alone. Thanks for reading.

+PH, Yes... everyone is different and life is different. God leads us to different paths and from each of our experiences, we can learn alot from one another. Reading your blogs puts me in perspective of one who is strugging more than I am. I have greater respect for you of what you are trying to do in your life even though it is not easy.

Hugs, Jim

Hi Diane,
I know what you mean. I left different denominations due to that kind of discrimination. I try to remind my fellow Christians about this by going back to Jesus' example of love. We would ask "What would Jesus do?",

Matthew 5:26-28 (King James Version)
26Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

In John 8 (King James Version), Jesus dealt with the the scribes and Pharisees of a woman committed adultery. Jesus wrote on the ground.
9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Church politics, controversies and worldliness have brought in the darkness that people cannot see the light. So, what is LOVE? In 1 Corinthians 13:5 says "Love does not act unbecomingly". Practicing charity (love) is a toughie depending on someone's view from where they are sitting/experiencing.

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Jim

4given said...

Hey,
I am a reformed theology blogger with MS, 6 children and a child with hearing loss... and I sign.
I read your comment over at Carla's reflections.
Blogging for sanity purposes... I get that. "insanabile cacoethes screbendi" is a Latin phrase meaning "insatiable appetite to write", which is something I have been diagnosed with. :-D

Blessings to you.
Lisa Nunley

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa N,

Nice to meet you and its nice to meet someone who is also a reformed follower. I like that phrase "insatiable appetite to write". Thanks for sharing. I will check out your blog. Thanks for visiting my blog.

whimsical brainpan said...

Blogging is such great therapy. You also get to "meet" some wonderful people.