Saturday, January 26, 2008

Accepting As I am.....................

To continue from Lisa's blog about why I am blogging, in Today, in Merelyme's blog, she writes about "Loving Yo'self: Part One". I recommend that you read her blog because she made some interesting points which made me think. I think this is a good topic to discuss in your own blog. Both Merelyme's and Lisa's blogs have made provoking thoughts about why we blog and why we need to love ourselves.

We blog because we want to love ourselves as we are even when we dislike what we are or how our lives are living. I am going to repeat what I said a comment section:

There are times that I do not like myself but I love who I am. I am accepting as who I am while trying to work on areas that I don't like. However, in some departments, I can't do anything about them because they are "part of me" regardless. Accepting myself can be difficult at times. I am learning not to do "I can do it myself" approach because when I do that, I think I am capable of anything when in reality, I can't. I want people to see me with approval without judgements but I can't do anything about their thoughts and attitudes. They are not in my control. But I can control myself with help because whether I believe it or not, it's a fact that God is in control of my life. If I don't believe it, I'm just robbing myself of the enjoyment of the fact. There is no question that my adversities are difficult and it usually takes me by surprise and seems to strike me when I am most vulnerable. I am very aware of the fact that pain is necessary in order to lear to cope with my life. Sometimes, I fail to remember the place of suffering in the broader scheme of things. For me to refuse suffering is to refuse my personal growth.

I love who I am but I dislike who I am. Interest paradox huh?

This is a good topic and I am going to link your blog in my blog today. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

4 comments:

Synchronicity said...

i think i understand what you are saying. we all have unconditional worth and are loveable but sometimes we recognize we have a whole lot more growth ahead of us. we are all human and fallible.

thanks for writing about this jim...i always love to hear your thoughts.

MyEtgreen said...

Hi,
I´m glad to hear that..
www.myetgreen.blogspot.com
kiss

whimsical brainpan said...

Merelyme is one wonderful woman.

+PHc said...

I relate to "refusing suffering is refusing my personal growth." I think refusing happiness can be, too. But trying to pretend our own personal suffering away makes us blind and insensitive to the suffering of others, and makes us less loving creatures.