Saturday, May 10, 2008

Volunteer.........

After working for Envionmental Protection Agency (Ohio) for almost 27 years, I decided to volunteer to be a judge for the science fair. Today's was my second year since I started doing this last year when they were looking for more judges. Today, I attended the same scince fair that have been hosted by The Ohio State University each year on OSU Campus across from OSU Ohio Stadium. I am not the "actual" judge but rather a sponsor judge for "Governor's Award for Excellence in Environmental Protection Research". I work with other judges and make selections according to the students' environmental research projects in reducing pollution and protecting the environment as well as the public. My role is to judge the 7th and 8th graders that I am very impressed with them (as I was last year). I don't think I as in their level of knowledge when I was in science. (Heck, I was busy studying sports and girls, LOL).

I plan to do this again next year.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

How did the science fair go?! I love to hear about the crazy stuff that kids come up with :)