Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happiness, Contentment and Grace

I have learned that contentment is excitement in the midst of struggles, gracefully compassion over the needs of someone who is worse off than I am , joy in the midst of pain. I have learned that true happiness and contentment comes from the Holy Spirit through God's Grace. As one of my favorite theologians said "Happy are they who know that discipleship simply means life which springs from grace". It is God's will that we submit to the Holy Spirit and keep on filling (Ephesians 5:18). Like an athlete when training, we should always keep drinking water so that we won't be dehydrated and feeling weak. With that thought in mind, we should always keep filling the Holy Spirit so that we are able to act and react any given situations. "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9).

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. Victor Hugo

When you accept rather than fight your circumstances ---even though you don't understand them --- you open your heart's gate to God's love, peace, joy and contentment. Amy Carmichael

2 comments:

Angela DeRossett said...

I always have to remind myself of 2 Cor 12:9.... Great post!!

Nancie said...

This is very encouraging. Thanks for the reminder of contentment in the Lord. 2 Cor 12:9 is a great comfort to me. Take care. Hope you have a blessed weekends!