Sunday, May 18, 2008

Are we corrupting our thoughts with our wishful images of God?

After time away from blogging, I have had good quiet moments and plenty of deep thoughts without getting involved with blogging. When I am facing my chronic pains or facing whatever issues at hand, I often focus on something to keep my mind busy such getting online (i.e. my Blog). I often retread to read books or get into deep thoughts about certain topics.

There are many people who have their own image of God and they believe that God have good life planned for them but there are so few who want to put themselves in a place where they can really hear Him. C.S. Lewis once said "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pain; it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world".

I am finally understanding that God don't want me to live in a easy life, but rather make me a stronger Christian. I have to keep in mind that God may be withholding what I ask in order to do special work that He have placed me according to His plan and will (2 Corinthians 12:7-10).

We live in an apartment and lately, my wife and I have been searching information about buying a home. This is what we have been doing lately and the process is slow due to unsure of what to do.

I am slowly coming back as we figure out what we should be doing.

1 comment:

Lisa Emrich said...

Purchasing a home is exciting and stressful stuff. Good luck.