Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Faith and Life



Deep thoughts about my personal experience in positive choices that are right for me rather than living with a private struggle. At times, choosing not to act on those feelings and not embracing can be difficult. I am thankful that I have a wonderful wife , who do not seek to force her viewpoint on me, telling me what I "should" do. I just wanted to be aware of alternatives to living a life that are positive and life-affirming with my own values, morals and beliefs. My wife and I are so compatible with everything in our marriage. We do feel comfortable with our own faiths and do agree in many theological teachings. I DO think that there are many of us who are in similar situation are facing the same situation. I also have my own issues in my Christian faith. Christian faith communities and theological traditions affirming that life is a good gift of God, with a few exceptions that some have judgemental views which can be unChrist-like attitudes or feelings toward an object, person, or action that were contradictory. The love of Jesus is so inclusive that love knows no boundaries. People may be disgusted with of others' beliefs or their lifestyles. Some can often ready to condemn and turn away from them. But not Jesus, He keeps on loving them. During all of 3 years of His ministry, Jesus helped an "unworthy" person more than worthy. The great spiritual needs around us should drive us back to the gospel records of the life and ministry of our Lord Jesus. The best thing we know about our Lord and Savior is that He loves all sinners. He has always love the outcast and for that we should be glad, for I, too, was once an outcast. My main issues are not about religion, or denominations or even Churches. Its about my relationship with God alone. I have seen Christians sinned and we have to be careful how we define sin because the major cause of Christians sinning is the "HEART". I often try explaining this issue with my wife and she feels that God's love is not conditional. I agree with that.

My personal spiritual issue is this: His love is NOT conditional but rather unconditional in terms of understanding what He desires more than I desire. In terms of my understanding of God's Holiness, Christians' standards. If God was in a church meeting today to discuss a moral change within the local church, how would we react? Would God change His holiness in order to accept what WE think what should be? This is one of my one of my many struggles is dealing with my faith in God (NOT religion or Church). What does it mean to become like Jesus Christ? That is the REAL question. There are so many who will proclaim to be a Christian but only few are really Christians. There are millions of professing Christians who "think" they have been justified, who think their sins are forgiven and that they are on their way to heaven, who show no evidence of the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit in their lives. Many Christians are unthinkably horrified when a real sinner is suddenly discovered among the righteous. So we remain alone with our sin, living in lies and hypocrisy.

No comments: