Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mistakes



I wrote this on my birthday a few weeks ago before I started this blog.

What is "true maturity" when we think of birthdays? Maturity means acting responsibly; it means learning from my mistakes and trying not to make the same ones over again. Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. I regret not being with the people I care about when they need me most.

Next year, I will be turning 50 and for the next 12 months, I will be doing alot of soul searching. Years ago, one of my major mistakes was marrying a "high maintenance" woman who only cares about herself and what she wanted out of life. While I hate divorce, I am thankful and happy that I am divorced freed from such hardship and she was taking me for granted. In the last few years, I have struggled with my own issues that I have come to terms to accept them and move on. I regretted for not being their for my kids.

No comments: