Monday, December 24, 2007

Diagnosed with MS


Looking back. I was very healthy other than being legally deaf, I never knew the limits that disable people actually go through until I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in April 2002. People with this type of MS experience clearly defined flare-ups (also called relapses, attacks, or exacerbations). I have Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS) which is under control.Living with Multiple Sclerosis, I am prone to live with chronic pain. Most of the time, I am managing my chronic pain and just learn to listen to my body. There are times that my chronic pain can be very uncomfortable. The most common pain I face is spasticity. Spasticity refers to feelings of stiffness and a wide range of involuntary muscle spasms. This is one of my more common symptoms of MS. Spasticity I often experience is often the feeling of tightness of muscles and sometimes painful spasms, usually of the legs and my back. There are times I get flare-ups that causes me to be dizzy and feeling out of it that makes me stay home from work. Other than that, I am feeling pretty good.

Many people with MS are able to have "normal" life but there are times, they can't control what their bodies might do one day and force to rest.

No comments: